Monday, April 30, 2012

Army replaces band who says bad things about Obama with a band that says good things about the Devil

After anathematizing Ted Nugent for saying bad things about Obama and cancelling his concert appearance at Fort Knox, the libertarian bad boy now finds his home in the politically correct darkness. He was here, but now he's gone.

The Army has now replaced him with a band that can usually be found giving the Devil his due: Blue Oyster Cult.

Out with the Motor City Madman, in with Buck Dharma.

I saw both bands live when I was in High School, and BOC was far better. That was at a time, of course, when my musical tastes were in the Pleistocene Epoch and when my criterion for a good song had almost exclusively to do with volume level. Makes me wonder on what grounds I discriminated between the two.

The Army now apparently agrees with my teenage judgment, even though the criterion is somewhat different.

It's comforting to know that there will be no one saying bad things about the President at Fort Knox, but a wholesome group that sings songs about death and the Devil.




3 comments:

Singring said...

It has nothing to do with political correctness. It has to do with the fact that Nugent has threatened the President of the United States twice - once by brandishing a machine gun on stage and telling the President (then still a candidate) to 'suck on this'. And the recently, he told an NRA audience that if Obama was re-elected, he would be 'either dead or in jail' by this time next year. The latter event prompted a visit by the Secret Service.

I find it rather prudent that an individual who is being investigated by the Secret Service because he might pose a threat to the life of the President not be allowed to perform on a military base.

But that's just liberal old me.

Oh, and by the way, I fully concur: BOC is far superior to Nugent musically. In fact, Buck Dharma penned what I consider to be the finest rock song ever recorded - '(Don't Fear) the Reaper'.

Lee said...

> In fact, Buck Dharma penned what I consider to be the finest rock song ever recorded - '(Don't Fear) the Reaper'.

A left-wing anthem, to be sure.

KyCobb said...

The best pro-satan song IMO is the Stones "Sympathy for the Devil".