Monday, March 05, 2007

Erratum Eorum Oopsum

The Lexington Herald-Leader today ran my piece on Richard Florida's book, The Rise of the Creative Class, and its use in the debate over domestic partner benefits. Normally, the edits they do are pretty reasonable, but there was one glitch made, apparently, in the editing process at the newspaper that needs to be corrected.

They have taken something I used as a quote and placed it as if I said it myself. So, just in case anyone accuses me of plagiarism, let it be known: the 11th paragraph is from Steven Malanga's piece in the Wall Street Journal. I had it attributed in the piece as I submitted it, but it is not attributed nor set off in quotations in the article.

Here is the relevant paragraph:
A generation of leftish policy makers and urban planners are rushing to implement Mr. Florida's vision, while an admiring host of uncritical journalists tout it. But there is just one problem: The basic economics behind his ideas don't work.
Just thought I would mention it for the record.

No comments: